Wednesday 25 January 2017

Over a cup of tea

One fine afternoon, while experimenting in the kitchen I learned how to prepare a strong tea. A strong cup of tea accompanied with few biscuits serves as a perfect combination for my Dada dearest (Dada- My maternal grandfather) the strong aroma of tea intoxicated Dada; he left his newspaper aside and called my name. My experiment thus was a success.

While Raj Kapoor's Jeena yaha marna yaha was playing in the background, he supped up the first sip of tea. The expression on his face clearly stated how pleased he was with my experiment. He took another sup of tea and said, when I was a kid my mother used to make this kind of tea. A wave of nostalgia swept over him and he started sharing all those memories with me.


He shared his childhood stories, how different he was as a kid: Decorous with respect to work and humorous when it came to fun. Losing his father at a very tender age was difficult, but he let that time pass by with hard work and positive approach. Although dada was youngest in the family he had to look after many household jobs like managing the household accounts and many similar tasks.  Further, he spoke about how he solely hit 5 boys who nagged his elder brother.  Family has always been dada’s weakness.

The chitter-chattering went on till the last sip of tea. Until we meet over another cup of tea this beautiful afternoon will be bookmarked in my version of life.

Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future.
-Corrie Ten Boom




source: image- http://www.gettyimages.in


No comments:

Post a Comment